Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mama knows Best: foo foo coffee at home!


We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Some how we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!


One of my "things" that I occasionally indulge in is a fancy foo foo coffee drink. I know its a luxury..... but I love it so!


One of my very favorites is the Cafe Mocha. I usually go through the drive through and then enjoy the aroma and sweet flavor of the special drink. It was when I went inside to order, however that I got a little surprise.


Are you ready?
I placed my order and watched as they grabbed a cup and filled it halfway with coffee. Then they filled it halfway with cocoa. They then put s dab of whipped cream and and handed it to me.

I stood kind of mystified. I quickly looked at the price list and then back down at my mocha... huh.


The next day at church I tried my own hand at the mocha. I filled my cup with coffee and then mixed in a packet of cocoa. Let me tell you... it was delish....and cheap!


Now I make my own before I hit the road. I can use light cocoa when I am trying to watch the waistline and it has saved me a fortune... enjoy y'all!



Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com

0 comments: