Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Works for me Wednesday: Scoop it up!

I was carrying dishes from our lovely patio dinner to the kitchen sink. Of course, I lost my balance and spilt a whole plate of corn, salad, baked potato.....on the carpet. I did a mental head slap (hey, my hands were full!) and ran to the kitchen for a paper towel.

My darling mother in law, whom I adore, said. "Honey, just get a spatula!" My first thought was "huh"? She then explained that the spatula would pick up everything without grounding things into the carpet. I tried it and guess what? IT WORKED!!!!


She said she has done this many times and it always works. She said she has even dropped a raw egg and it picks it right up without breaking it and makes a mess.

What a smart woman I have as my MIL !!!



For more great and handy tricks visit We are That Family.

0 comments: