Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recipe Tuesday: Low carb peanut butter Pie


I was at my family reunion this weekend when one of my very favorite aunts was telling me about a problem. The problem was her lovely hubby who had a wicked sweet tooth and just happened to be diabetic. Add some other medical food restrictions and she was out of ideas for new dishes and snacks! I found this low carb peanut butter pie that sounded not only tasty but easy! So....this one is for you Aunt L !!!

((For the next month or so, I will be posting recipes on Tuesdays that are diabetic/healthy eating. Hope you enjoy!! ))


Low Carb Peanut Butter Pie

1 cup no sugar added peanut butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
Heaping 1/4 cup Splenda baking sugar
1 9 inch prepared graham cracker pie crust

Blend together cream cheese and peanut butter until mixed smooth. In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream and Splenda until very stiff. Check the sweetness and add more Splenda to taste, if necessary. Fold whipped cream a bit at a time into cream cheese and peanut butter mixture until blended. Scoop into pie crust, smoothing to edges. Chill for 4 hours.

0 comments: