Monday, July 6, 2009

Kroger bargain recipe of the week- Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

Bargain Meal of the Week

There is nothing that I love more than using fresh veggies from my garden. The only problem is when I am looking at 5 zucchini on my counter. " What will you do with us??" they scream. Then the guilt follows when they die a slow death on the counter... or I start to give them away to anyone that crosses my path. (Yes I am that lady who is pushing the garden veggies on people) Anywho, this recipe looks awesome! I can't wait to try it.. happy eating y'all!


I will not expense spices/oils since most of us have them on hand.


Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

1 pound pork tenderloin (On sale $1.88/lb ) $1.88
3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs $.25
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese $.10
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced (On sale $1.67/3lb bag) $.20
1 clove garlic, minced
2 small zucchini or summer squash, thinly sliced (On sale $.99/lb) $.99



Cut tenderloin crosswise into 12 slices, approximately 3/4-inch thick. Place each slice on its cut surface and flatten with heel of hand to 1/2-inch thickness. Combine crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; dredge pork slices to coat.


Heat oil over medium-high heat in nonstick pan. Saute pork for 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove and keep warm. Add onion, garlic and zucchini or squash to skillet and saute 5 minutes or until tender.


Total Cost of Meal: $3.42


Add Salad ( Dole on sale $.98) Total Cost of Meal: $4.08


Add salad and baked potatoes ( 10lb bag on sale $2.99) Total Cost of Meal: $4.68


For more great bargain recipes click on the icon above!

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Looks good! This time of year we have the crazy zuchinni invasion, too! Glad to know that I'm not hte only one. :)