Fall is here!!! Except its in the eighties. (Its Ohio, Ok?!?!) So the beginning of the week is summer cooking and as it cools down, the menu warms up! This week we are doing one night with all veggies. I remember my mama doing this and it was so refreshing! I also included a crock pot chili recipe which feeds a ton and freezes well. :) Hope you have a yummy week!!!
Monday: Corn on the cob, green beans w/ red potatoes, fresh tomatoes and salad
Tuesday: Grilled lemon pepper chicken, grilled asparagus, butter noodles
Wednesday: Leftover buffet- If its in the fridge......
Thursday: Crock pot chili in bread bowls, tossed salad
Friday: Pizza Night!
Saturday: Beef enchiladas, re fried beans, tortilla chips and salsa
Sunday: Italian pot roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Crock Pot Chili
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Chaddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired.