Saturday, August 29, 2009

Mama knows best: cleaning mirrors with newspapers!


We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

I am a bit of a clean freak. For some reason, I was born with the need to clean. I know its weird. I recognize.

Anywho, one of the things I cannot stand is streaky mirrors. I have tried various paper towels, cleaning cloths, even old socks! In the end the most effective way I have found to clean mirrors and windows is.... newspaper.

I know it sounds so weird but its true. I take the paper ( after the hubs has read it of course :) ) and fold it and crumple it a little so that I can handle it. Then I spray the cleaner directly on the mirror and start to wipe with the newspaper.

You may notice with the first swipe a streak or two but continue to wipe the surface for a totally smear and streak free surface, You will be amazed!

Happy Cleaning !!!

Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com !

0 comments: