Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Works for me Wednesday

When you are a mama, you and the pediatrician are friends. As in....you have basically paid for their children's college with the amount of visits in the first couple years alone.

Then you have another child (Or a couple) and you start to pray before you hit the door that the doctor will not be running behind.
You know the scene.

A sick, whiny child crying or laying on the floor. ewwww. Another child trying to get in the drawers or touch things they shouldn't. My son used to play rocket man with the doctors chair while I was trying to get my daughter out of the big paper roll cabinet.....good times.

A couple of months ago I started taking crayons with me to the offices. It saved my patience, tolerance and sanity :)

I now plop both kids promptly on the table, hand them crayons and watch them go to work. They can draw and color on the paper to their hearts content. There has even been a game of tic-tac-toe or two. The paper gets thrown away after every visit so there is no guilt and the kids stay entertained.


And that works for this crazy mama!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember this when my little one is older. This works better than a 'grab bag', because there's less to come up with. I wouldn't have the first clue what to put in a grab bag. I like just grabbing crayons!