Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Mama Knows Best : How to pick a really great watermelon

We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Some how we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!
My little man loves him some watermelon! I never knew what ones were really good ones, however. It was always hit or miss. Since we are starting to hit "watermelon season", I thought I would post what exactly to look for!

* The watermelon rind should be matte and NOT GLOSSY!

* The bottom should be cream, NOT WHITE!

*Growing your own? Look for the same signs above but also look for the green curly vine to start to yellow. (This means that the plant is no longer feeding the melon.)


Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com

0 comments: