Friday, March 25, 2011

I need me a sister wife.....


I was sitting on the couch the other night in all my bloated belly glory, watching a show about polygamy. ((I know what your thinking but I could not turn my eyes away from it.)) It was fascinating to me.

My hubs who was getting some work done in the same room, turned to me with a smirk and asked how I would like it if he took another wife on. He was sort of smirking like "my pregnant wife would kill her and then come after me" type thing.

I looked down at my belly and my charlie horse ridden legs and then I made a quick sweep of my living room. My perfectly picked up room 3 hours before was now littered with coloring books and My Pretty Ponies.

I looked at him with all sincerity and said " I would love it."

He looked at me with shock.

I thought about how everyones laundry just shows up clean and folded in their drawers, healthy dinners show up at the table, the house is cleaned and picked up a million times a day and the all the shopping gets done. This isn't counting the books read to children, building a lincoln log homes, candy land, hugs, medical care, T-ball games....the list goes on and on.

So I have decided that I need a wife.

I would love someone to tell me when they have scheduled my dentist appointment for me, prepare a balanced yet delicious lunch, or clean out the pantry. I could get sick and not worry that the house will fall apart....wow. To simply have the luxury to not remember things because I know someone is there to remember for me, remind me, take care of things.....what would that be like?

I snapped back into reality that I will be the one and only wife in this home...but its tempting, isn't it?

0 comments: