Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WFMW: What my child CAN do.


This week over at Works for me Wednesday, they are talking about what helps you "back to school". I have been thinking about this alot since I have my oldest baby going in to kindergarten (gulp) and the other one starting preschool. (double gulp)

I have been thinking about sending them out in this world and what tools they need to have to survive it. (I know, I know....they are only 3 and 5 but it starts young.)

I sat down and made a list of all the things that my kids CAN do this year. You know....things that they are not currently expected to do and won't kill them to start?!


* Clear their own dishes
* Put their dirty clothes in a hamper
* Pick up their own toys
* Put their book bags in their room and on their hook
* Pick out their clothes the night before
(Thus saving all the drama for their grandmama..just sayin.)
* Make their own bed in the morning (and I will resist the urge to re-do it !!)
* Start to give some of their own coins to church (I will match it )
* Help their sibling with a task. (Because we are in this together in this house!)

This list is going to go on the fridge the first day of school and hopefully will be a reminder to this mama !


For more school WFMW ideas visit We are That Family!

1 comments:

Martianne said...

Great ideas that will keep you focused and help your kids gain independence. Love them!