Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WFMW- Favorite Summer Dish


This week's Works for Me Wednesday is a themed edition. We have been asked to share our favorite summer dish. One instantly sprang to my mind!

With kids picnic's, play dates, family reunions and parties it can be a challenge trying to figure out what to bring. The invite always says, bring a covered dish or dessert. I am always wondering what doesn't constitute a crockpot but isn't something that everyone else will bring as well.

I am here to tell you that I have found THE PERFECT thing to bring to all events. Kids and adults both love it and its easy and cheap. Are you ready???


SMORES BROWNIES

You take a boxed brownie mix and prepare to directions. ( I have been getting mine at Kroger's for $.50 with sale and coupon)

After baking, you remove from oven and cover with marshmallows. Pop it back in the oven for 3 minutes or until marshmallows are all puffy.

Remove and place large chunks of crushed graham crackers into the marshmallows on top.

Then sprinkle with chocolate chips or broken up chocolate bar. ( The chocolate will melt )

I am telling you that anyone is bound to love this simple "recipe". Which works for me!

For more great WFMW ideas check out We are that Family!



2 comments:

Jane Buckeye said...

You're right...this is an excellent recipe! Especially good when don't actually make it and just appears on your doorstep!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I just loaded up on brownie mixes at our Kroger affiliate in Phoenix. THESE sound AMAZING!!!