Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mama Knows best : No More Wire hangers :)


We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

I don't know about you but I have alot of wire hangers laying around! We don't use them and I don't want to throw them away so they keep getting pushed to the back of the closet. This makes the closet look disorderly which drives me crazy !!! Every time we get dry cleaning back, there are more to add to the pile!


Then I got the best tip. Put the wire hangers in your dry cleaning pile to return to the cleaners! Yep, take them back. The dry cleaners can re-use them. (Or send them to the proper place to re-use them) You don't have the guilt that they are sitting in a land fill somewhere and they are not getting on your nerves in your closet!


Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com !

1 comments:

Amy said...

When I was little my mom taught me how to wrap yard around wire hangers to make them pretty and strong enough to hold heavy pants. You'll need:

2 identical wire hangers
tape
21' each of two different colors of yarn (hangers vary in size, so I bump this up to 24'of each color)

Tape the hangers together in several spots, especially at the spot where they coil together. Roll the yarn into 2 balls for easier handling. Tape the yarn ends to the hook part of the hanger. Pick a color to start with. Make a loop around the hanger with that color and pull it tight as close to the end of the hook as you can. Repeat to make 5 knots on one side. Switch colors and make 5 knots on the opposite side. Repeat alternating colors until you've gone all the way around the hanger. Tie yarn into a bow and trim off the excess.