Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bargain Recipe of the week - No Frying Chicken Parmesan

Bargain Meal of the Week

This is not a new recipe for my family this week. I have made it several times and my kidlets love it !! I am very thankful that there is no frying involved because the thought of splattering hot grease makes me cringe!! Happy Eating Y'all!!

I will not expense spices/oils since most of us have them on hand.

No Frying Chicken Parmesan


1 lb skinless chicken breast halves (On sale $1.59/lb) $1.59
1 egg, beaten $.09
3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs $.25
1 jar Pasta Sauce ( Del Grosso on sale $1) $1
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese ( On sale $1.67) $.84


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs.

Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.

Pour pasta sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked pasta.

Total Cost of Meal: $3.77

Add pasta ( San Giorgio on sale $1) Total Cost of Meal: $4.27

Add noodles and salad (Fresh Express on sale $.99) Total Cost of Meal: $5.01

0 comments: