Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mama knows best - Cleaning the house!

We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Some how we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

I clean on Saturday mornings. Its a time that I can let the kids play and I can do what I need to do. When I was telling my best friend that the other day she wrinkled up her nose and said "Doesn't it take up your whole day?"

The truth is that I have such a routine it only takes me 2 hours... max. Another confession is that cleaning is one of my control things. I go to cleaning when life seems a little crazy. As a result, I have picked up some tricks and tips that help the cleaning go faster and be more effective.


* Save the all out, sweeping the ceiling, washing down the baseboards type of cleaning for spring and fall. (Or at least quarterly.) If you try to tackle this type of cleaning every week...it will take you all day!

* Do one task at a time. Not one room at a time. For example dust the whole house first or empty all the trashes in the house. That way if something comes up and you can't finish the house you feel like you have actually gotten alot accomplished.

What sounds better? I got the whole house dusted or I got the dining room cleaned. See??

* Do the things you hate the most, first. I hate bathrooms so I do those first. After those, the rest seems easy and I breeze thru them.

* Start off with a picked up house. I always, no matter how tired I am, pick up the house last thing on Friday night. If I have to pick up the house, putting things away, it will take me forever to clean!!

* Keep things freshened up throughout the week. I sure won't clean but I may run the sweeper or wipe out a sink here or there. It makes things look nice and it cuts down the cleaning time on my cleaning Saturdays!!
Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com

0 comments: