Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Works for me Wednesday: Freaky fruit :)

Looking for fun things to do throughout the summer can wear a mama out. (Well that and trying to do the hundreds of other things we do...in a day :) )

It was during a trip through the produce isle that my family decided on a new summer tradition. They love it so much, I thought we would share!

It was when we saw a round orange, spotted prickly "thing" in the fruit section. They were mesmerised. We have no idea what it was but it looked weird, gross and fun. A irresistible combination to bored children in the grocery.

"Why don't we try it?" I found myself saying.
I got looks of pure joy and disbelief. Alot of jumping and loud talking followed.

Since then we have decided that each week we would try a "weird" fruit or veggie. Nothing is off limits. (We feel downright exotic tapping into a coconut or enjoying a starfruit!)

Not only is shopping just a little more fun but the kids look forward to trying the new treat each week!!


And that totally works for this mama.


For more great WFMW idea visit We are That Family!

0 comments: