Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Works for me Wednesday: Using happy meal toys for some good!

I will be the first to confess that many a happy meal has crossed this thresh hold. I will also tell you that many happy meal toys don't see the light of day due to lack of interest or I simply don't want to add to the toy pile. (I am the meanest mama God ever made :) )

We keep the toys, packaged so nicely in their little plastic bags, and save them. We then gather them all up around Thanksgiving time and take them to our neighbors church who packs Christmas boxes for children overseas.


The toys fit perfectly and it may be the only toy they receive this Christmas. I also hope it teaches the kids to think of others rather than themselves.


And that totally works for everyone!


For more great WFMW ideas visit We are That Family!

0 comments: