Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Works for me Wednesday - house rules!

We have a house rule in our home...well several of them. This has to do with eating dinners together and trying to get our kids to expand their horizons.

I am not into the clean platter club. You stop eating when your full. Period. (My mama used to tell me that my body is not a trashcan and somewhere along the way I forgot that because I continue to eat after I am full! :) ) I will gladly wrap your plate up and stash it away until you are hungry...at which time I will produce the uneaten plate of goodness. I'm sneaky like that....

One thing I am adamant about, however is our rule.


"If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it....BUT YOU HAVE TO TRY IT !!!"

I would say 80% of the time my kids end up liking the item they swore they found totally disgusting and end up asking for seconds. If they don't like it...not a biggie! As long as they tried it, I am happy.

And everyone knows a happy mama works for everyone!




For more great WFMW ideas visit We are That Family!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

That's our rule too! Seems to work.

Melanie said...

YES! I completely agree! I've started playing a 'game' with my son... Thumbs up, thumbs down, or up AND down...He thinks it's fun to 'vote' after trying a new food.

Blessings!
Melanie