Monday, February 28, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: Healthy eating !

So I found out this week that I have gestational diabetes. Which is the pits. (Like when you want some Oreos and you can't have them.) So I have just dove in and embraced a diabetic diet, which turns out is a really healthy way to eat. It has resulted in both my husband losing weight and our whole family feeling really good. So.....for the next eight weeks or so I will be featuring some diabetic recipes. I hope you find them as yummy as we have!!

Monday: Roast turkey with gravy, green beans, corn

Tuesday: Angel hair pasta with spicy shrimp, spinach salad

Wednesday: Leftover buffet- if it not movin....

Thursday: Grilled chicken and cheese whole wheat quesadillas with salsa dip

Friday: Pizza night (with large salad)

Saturday: Club sandwiches on whole wheat toast and beef vegetable soup

Sunday: Shepherds pie, broccoli

0 comments: