Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tempt my tummy tuesday


I am turning hubby's yummy recipe Tuesday into Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays. I found this great site and am excited to get some great ideas. I don't know about you but it is cold here... brrrrrr. I thought a good hearty soup sounded good. Hope you enjoy!


Sausage Tortellini Soup

1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausage
3-4 cups beef broth
1 (28 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed into puree
1 onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 package frozen spinach, thawed, (8-10 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 package cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen

Remove sausage from casing and brown, breaking it up. Drain sausage and transfer to a stockpot or dutch oven.

Add remaining ingredients, except tortellini, and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until vegetables are tender.

Add tortellini and cook for the length of time indicated on package.

For the slow cooker, follow steps 1 and 2, but cook covered on low for 6-9 hours; add cooked tortellini. ( Cook 15 minutes)

1 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I am so glad you joined us, for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. Love the recipe. Thanks for sharing. I hope you will keep coming back. We are enjoying all new people who are joining us, over the last couple of weeks.