Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Meijer bargain Recipe of the week- Baked Taco Chicken

Bargain Meal of the Week

I know, I know! Its summertime and I usually try to do grilling recipes. I thought this looked so good though! I could use some Spanish rice I purchased on sale and side it with re fried beans. When you have really little ones, sometimes chicken dishes are easier than ground beef. I hope its as yummy as it sounds! Happy Eatin Y'all!!

I will not expense spices/oils since most of us have them on hand. W/C means with coupon. To see the deals at Meijer this week check them out here.

Baked Taco Chicken


1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 package taco seasoning (McCormick on sale .59 ) .59
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 eggs .16
1 tablespoons milk
1 pound chicken (On sale $1.99 a lb) $1.99

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, taco seasoning and salt. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until juices run clear.

Total Cost of Meal: $2.74

Add Salad ( Dole on sale .75) Total cost of Meal: $3.11

Add salad and Spanish rice (Knorr on sale $1) Total cost of Meal: $4.11

For more great bargain recipes click on the icon above!

0 comments: