Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mama knows best! - Turning stains into beauty!!

We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

I love having parties and get together's. For some reason our house seems to be the stopping point for people and I feel blessed to have them in my home! One of my favorite things to do is to feed people. I tend to cook for an army anyway so if you happen to be in the neighborhood, come on in!!

Since we frequently use tablecloths, we are constantly dealing with stains. I tend to use white / cream until they are so stain riddled that I cannot possibly place dishes to hide them. Then someone passed this idea that was brilliant!!

Take your light colored tablecloth and soak it in a bucket of strong black coffee. It dyes the material a lovely brown color and covers any coffee stains on the linen !!! Its like getting a brand new table cloth and perfect for fall. :)

To spice it up even further, send your kiddos outside to collect some colorful leaves. Place the leaves along the center of the table for some fall color. Or fill a glass cylinder with the leaves and place in the center of the table. (If you have time you can even spraypaint them a lovely copper or gold.) Beautiful and cheap!!!


Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com !

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI
I just wanted to let you know a great frugal stain remover. Dawn Dish Detergent is awesome. My daughter told me about it when my granddaughter was a baby. I haven't found a stain yet it won't get out.You just put a little on the stain then throw it in the pile for a day or so then wash as normal. This even works on old stains! Rebecca