Monday, September 14, 2009

A teachers view: Monster cookies

I am blessed to live next to a elementary school teacher who loves my kids and we love her!! She has multiple education degrees and is the first person I run to when I am worried about speech, development or anything learning related!! She has agreed to write a weekly post for me on some common concerns involving little ones and just great tips! If you have a topic that you would like to see addressed, please e-mail me at everythingmom@live.com.

Monster Cookies


This recipe was a hit with my babysitting kids over the summer. Don’t tell your kids, but these cookies are actually decently good for you – protein and fiber all in one cookie. Bonus – no flour for kids with wheat or gluten issues, although they do contain peanut butter. As we are buying ingredients, I got the “I don’t like oatmeal!” complaints, but one bite of these babies had them asking for seconds!

Monster Cookies

1 cup white sugar

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 stick butter

1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter

3 eggs

¾ tsp vanilla

¾ tsp baking soda

4 ½ cups rolled oats

¼ bag M&M’s

¼ bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, combine sugars, butter, and peanut butter. Add eggs, vanilla, and baking soda and mix well. Stir in oats, M&M’s and chocolate chips. Form into large balls, place on cookie sheet, and press with fork. Allow room to spread. Bake for 12-15min.

P.S. – You might want to limit your darlings to one or two of these, they really do pack a fiber punch J

0 comments: