Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eating from the pantry- week 3

I was searching in my pantry for some things I could scrap together for a wonderful nurturing meal for my family.

Ok, I was searching for something easy so I could watch my DVR'd shows while the kids slept....

I found some cream a mushroom soup, onion soup mix and egg noodles. I then saw a dangerously close to frostbitten pot roast in my chest freezer. "Cook me" it screamed. I started to argue with it and then decided surrender was the best avenue.

I threw the roast in a crock pot with the soup, onion mix and some water and turned it on low. Oh my goodness Y'all!!! It made its own gravy. (No trying to mix flour in hot liquid without it splashing or getting lumpy.) It fell apart. It was the AWESOME!

I shredded the beef and served it with the gravy over hot egg noodles. It was so good I secretly started planning to serve it when my darling mother in law came to eat with us. She is the sweetest woman and I wanted to make sure that she knows that I can cook for her son :)

So in honor of this wonderful woman here is the recipe...enjoy Y'all!


Slap your mama in law beef and noodles

2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
pot roast

Egg Noodles

In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.

Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Shred beef within gravy and serve over egg noodles.



How are you doing with your eating from the pantry challenge?

0 comments: