Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Mama Knows best- Medicine storage


We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Some how we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!


I love organization. I really love when I find a organization system that not only works but saves me time and money. A while back, I posted how we kept the kids medicine stored. I am proud that it is still working for us.

Our big people medicine is a different story, however. It isn't until my nose is running like the Nile and I am coughing at 3am, that I realize I need a system!

We now use a 3 drawer organization system to house syrups, cough drops, pills, bandages, band-aids, creams, tape and any other medications that may be needed. (I found mine at Odd Lots but I have also seen them at the dollar store on occasion!)



We use one drawer for medication. One for creams and bandages and one for First Aid.


It keeps things simple and nothing is laying around. It also saves money because I know what I have and don't buy excess, only to find that I have 2 boxes already! There have also been a few emergencies that we don't have to run around like chickens with our head cut off. We simply pull the first aid drawer and everything is there!


Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com

0 comments: