Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Pork-a-palooza


I am participating in eating from the pantry challenge this month. I am discovering great finds at the bottom of my chest freezer, back of the pantry and in my fridge! My hubby is very supportive of my efforts .... he pulled a big ol' pork butt from the freezer. After making a rub and hauling out a smoker in the backyard, we were in business. (I love my man...note to my daughter. Marry a man who loves to cook.)

That being said... we have a LOAD of shredded pork. I will freeze a big pan for sure but I want to also use it in creative ways this week. It will really save money and its delicious! Happy Cooking Y'all!!!

Monday: Pulled pork sandwiches, cheesy potatoes, baked beans, coleslaw

Tuesday: Grilled chicken, roasted peppers and asparagus, brown rice

Wednesday: Shredded pork enchiladas, black beans and rice

Thursday: Chicken (Leftover from Tues.), basil, tomato pasta, salad, garlic bread

Friday: Pizza Night

Saturday: Leftover buffet- If its in the fridge, you can have it but mama's not cookin!

Sunday: Pork Broccoli and rice casserole. (Recipe below), crescent rolls, salad

Pork Broccoli Rice casserole
2 cups water
1 cup uncooked white rice
1 1/2 pounds leftover roast pork, cubed
2 cans condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon curry powder (Optional)
1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli, thawed

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Place rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.

In a large bowl, mix together the cubed pork, rice and broccoli. Stir in the cream of celery soup and mayonnaise, then season with pepper and curry powder. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover with aluminum foil.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until evenly heated through. Remove the aluminum foil for the last 5 minutes in the oven.

0 comments: