Monday, May 3, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: New recipes to try!

I found a container of homemade chili in my freezer this week. My first response was to wrinkle my nose. After all, it is already shorts weather here...who wants to eat a hot stew? Then I spied a bag of potatoes and the glimpse of an easy meal. I am excited to try out chili/ cheese potato bar where my people can assemble their own meal. (Can I get a big Ol' woohoo!) I also have a great recipe that I want to try for garlic lime chicken. Doesn't that just sound yummy?!?! Happy eating y'all!

Monday: Oriental grilled pork chops, broccoli, corn on the cob

Tuesday: Chili, cheese potato bar, salad

Wednesday: Leftover buffet- if its in the fridge you can eat it, but mama is NOT cookin!

Thursday: Garlic- Lime Chicken, grilled asparagus and red bell peppers, spinach salad

Friday: Pizza Night!

Saturday: Pulled beef brisket sandwiches, baked chips, green beans

Sunday: Shrimp fajitas, re fried beans, Spanish rice

Garlic- Lime Chicken
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Combine first five ingredients. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag or glass bowl; pour sauce over chicken. Cover or close bag ad refrigerate for at lest 30 minutes. Drain, discarding marinade. Place chicken on grill and sprinkle with pepper. Grill, uncovered, over medium-low coals, turning several times, for 12-15 minutes or until juices run clear.

1 comments:

Miss Mommy said...

Thanks for the chicken recipe- sounds delicious!

Visiting from MPM-

Emily/Miss Mommy