Saturday, August 28, 2010

Menu Plan Monday- double dippin!

School started today and that makes me want to drag out my crock pot. Who cares if its 96 degrees and my kids are wearing tank tops. My fall decorations are rolling out Sept 1 and my crock pot is getting plugged in. ( I will just crank up the air, right?!?) To show that I am totally not all impractical, I will be double dipping meats in order to save time and money. Happy Eating y'all!


Monday: Beef Roast, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, crescent rolls


Tuesday: Grilled chicken breasts, roasted carrots, broccoli, french rolls


Wednesday: Easy beef enchiladas (recipe below), re fried beans


Thursday: Leftover night...If you can find it, you can eat it but mama has the night off !!


Friday: Pizza Night!


Saturday: Basil, tomato, chicken pasta with fresh mozzarella, salad, garlic bread


Sunday: EASY Crock pot pork (Recipe tomorrow), peas, scalloped potatoes

Shredded Beef Enchiladas
3 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can refried beans
1 1/2 lbs. shredded beef
1/2 c. chopped scallions or onions (optional)
1/2 c. sour cream (optional)
1/2 c. black olives (optional)
Dip flour tortillas in enchilada sauce, coating both sides (one at a time).

Fill with beef, beans and onions, putting filling to one side and rolling into enchilada. Secure with toothpick if necessary.

Place one at a time into 13x9 inch pan. Cover with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees about 45 minutes.

Top with sour cream, olives, etc.

0 comments: