Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tasty Tuesday recipe- Broiled Coconut Tilapia - Diabetic Friendly!!


For the next couple of weeks I am going to be posting diabetic friendly recipes on Tuesdays. I have several family member that struggle with diabetes and I had gestational when I was pregnant with number 1. :) Since then I have realized that eating the diabetic diet not only keeps me healthy it also helps me lose weight when I can stick with it. (Insert will power here..... ) So here is a tasty recipe that I hope is as yummy as it sounds!


Broiled Coconut Tilapia

4 tilapia or other white fish fillets
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons coconut or cooking oil
Paprika
Dash seasoning salt
Ground black pepper
Snipped fresh parsley


Marinate fillets in lemon juice and orange juice for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Heat oven 425 degrees Take fish out of marinade and arrange on a broiler pan (discard marinade). Drizzle fish with oil. Season lightly with paprika and salt. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish. Sprinkle with pepper and parsley before serving.

0 comments: