Saturday, August 21, 2010

What to plant in your FALL garden!


I love love love fall!!!! I drag out all my lovely decorations and watch football and cook soup.
Whats not to love?!?!

This year I am interested in planting a fall garden. Not only will it cut my grocery budget but it will also provide some fresh new veggies for my table!

If you were wondering like me what there is plant in the fall, here you go!


* Snap peas and snow peas
* Broccoli
* Cabbage
* Collards
* Cauliflower
* Brussels Sprouts
* Bok Choy
* Carrots
* Parsnips
* Beets
* Onions
* Spinach
* Lettuce
* Rutabagas, turnips


Happy Planting!

2 comments:

gail said...

when do you plant for a fall garden? is the first of oct too late? and then when do you harvest? i'm esp interested in planting onions, beets, cabbage, and spinich.

Summer said...

It depends on where you live and what the weather does when. Here in Ohio we have already started to feel a little crisp in the air so we planted our lettuce yesterday. If you live in a warmer area you would be safe in Oct.

Veggies that grow underground are usually fine in cold weather esp. if you cover the ground with hay.

Hope that helps!