Monday, September 20, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: I'm too busy to cook post!



This has been a really hectic 2 weeks around here. (I will get more into that, hopefully next week.) It has left me...hmmm, how do I say this? Not wanting to cook very much! I do want my family to still eat well though, so that has left me with getting creative. That also means lots of crock pot use. For the new recipe below I used the leftover chicken from earlier in the week, making it even less effort! Happy Eating Y'all!

Monday: Leftovers- If its not movin, you can have it..... but mama is not cookin!

Tuesday: Grilled chicken, green beans, roasted carrots

Wednesday: Crock pot beef roast, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Thursday: Chicken with Asian veggies,(recipe below) brown rice, egg rolls

Friday: Pizza Night!

Saturday: Shredded beef tacos, Spanish rice, black beans

Sunday: Crock pot BBQ pork,(recipe Tues.) baked beans, coleslaw, tomato salad

Chicken with Asian Veggies

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 cup of sliced bamboo shoots

1 can baby corn1 cut thinly sliced water chestnuts

2 tbs Soy sauce

First grill the chicken breast slightly on both sides and cut into pieces if desired. Boil the bamboo shoots and water chestnuts for about 15 minutes. Open the can of baby corn and wash very well. Combine all the ingredients into the crock pot and stir. Let the dinner cook for about 6 hours on low without opening to check on it and a great, delicious meal should be ready to serve.

0 comments: