Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bargain recipe of the week- Meijer

I found this recipe and it looked too easy not to post. I haven't tried it, but I heard its awesome and quick! What could be better?

I will not expense spices/oils since most of us have them on hand.


Smoked Sausage Stew
1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces (On Sale 2 for $5-use .35 coupon from 1/25 ad) 1.80

2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed vegetable soup (Progresso soup on sale 8 for $10) 2.50

1/2 medium head cabbage, shredded ( I can usually find this for .99 a head) .99


Cut smoked sausage into 1 inch pieces and brown lightly in skillet.

Combine vegetable soup with sausage and place shredded cabbage over the top. Place lid on skillet and let cook on medium heat until cabbage is tender. Stir together and serve.


Total price of meal: $5.30

Add salad (Dole on sale $1) Total meal: $5.80

Add salad and Meijer brown and serve wheat rolls (On sale.99) Total meal: $6.30

Happy Eating!!

0 comments: