Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mama knows best - eating out

Every Saturday I will be featuring Mama Knows Best series. We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

These days, if there is no coupon or special going on at a restaurant then we just don't go. I don't know about you but we are trying to save every dime we can! You guys know that I menu plan and carefully grocery shop for the best deals.... why wouldn't I do the same when we eat out?


Here are some tips that my family and my girlfriends use to save when eating out.

- Order water to drink and bring the kids drinks! Soft drinks are expensive!!

- Ask if the server if there are any specials that day.

- Look at the website before you go for money saving coupons. (You would be surprised how many restaurants are offering deals these days to get the seats filled!!)

- Scan your mail flyer's and local papers for more coupons. Sometimes the great deals are tucked away.

- Split an entree with your little one. It will help you choose healthier items anyway :)

- Stop eating when your full- take the leftovers home for lunch the next day. Two meals for the price of one!! (And you won't feel bad for overeating)

Here are some good deals....


Mimi's cafe -Do you have a Mimi's cafe in your area? I went there for a girlfriends birthday lunch and oh my was it yummy!!!

They are offering buy 1 entree get 1 free. For the coupon just go to my side bar to the Coupons.com button and print!

Steak and Shake- My steak and shake has a 4.99 menu. (This includes up to a triple steak burger and fries) Kids also eat free on the weekends. We can easily get in and out of there for under $12!! Now that's a deal!

Check with your local steak and shake to see if they run the same deal. I think you will be impressed on how cheap and good they are!

Bob Evans- If you sign up here you will receive a free kids meal and drink, special offers, recipes and more! The kids menu is very reasonable (We always get a kids meal for under $3) and I love the food there.

Join the kids birthday club and you will get a free kids meal on their birthday as well!

Do you know of any more great restaurant deals? Leave a comment and let others know!

Got a great idea? Send me yours at everythingmom@live.com .

0 comments: