Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No posts on Monday... and a confession.

I was MIA on Monday. I didn't post my menu plan or my bargain recipes. I promise to be back to my schedule today but wanted to let you know why I was missing in action on Monday........

I was asked by a local reporter to help with a story about how coupons and store sales save your family money. (If you haven't checked out Cara Connelly on 10 TV in Columbus, you must do so. She is a delightful young lady who knows what she is doing!!) So on Monday I was at my local Kroger doing my routine grocery shopping. Except I was being followed by a news reporter, cameraman and two Kroger reps. ( Talk about pressure!!! )

The whole thing was a blur really. I got home and felt like I was going to look a little like the Joker. You know goofy grin, alot of uh-huh's and my nervous habit of pushing my hair behind my ears. I am just praying that the power of editing does its magic and no ex boyfriends are watching.

The reason I agreed to do the piece is because I really do use my coupon and store ads and I really do save a ton of money each week. I went from never using a coupon in my life to saving $40 - $100 a week.

I really did my grocery shopping. I bought nothing that I normally would not buy. And I was thanking God that my I saved $86!!! ( Can you imagine if I was having a off week and saved, oh I don't know, $5 ?? ) I would have crawled under the register and refused to come out. God is good though because I came in under budget at $79 and got 7 dinners, breakfast, make-up and personal items.

So now its confession time. I live a double life.... well not really but that sounds so much more dramatic and exciting!

When I started this blog I was not sure how it was going to go. I choose to use a alias name of Susan. I was on a public blog and anyone could read what I was writing and .... well the world is scary and there are scary people out there. (If you are a scary- stalker- freaky freak please stop reading immediately and move to the next blog.) Since the newscast is going to reveal my real name I thought I would save alot of confusion and just introduce myself.


My real name is Summer. All the other facts remain the same. I have 2 lovely children and my wonderful saint of a husband is a fireman who looks awesome in uniform. :)


Nice to meet you!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

How exciting!! As you know (if you've put together who I am), I'm in Michigan...so I won't be able to view your tv debut live. BUT, do you know if they're going to put it online? I'd love to see it. :)

btw, it's great to finally use your real name! I just couldn't bring myself to say Susan, so I would just use "S" if I felt I had to use *some* form of your name. :) Yay, Summer!

Amy said...

Summer,

Have they said when they're going to air the piece? I would love to Tivo it so that I don't miss it.

Summer said...

Thanks guys- I will let you know when I know. ( When it will hit the air! )

Marcy said...

Girlfriend, you crack me up!! You are going to be fabulous and I can't wait to watch. :-)

Cara CT said...

Just wanted to say thanks again for helping us out with the story. You were great and I was really pleased with how the story turned out. I hope you were too!
Cara