Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Meijer Bargain Recipe of the week- Parmesan Chicken

Bargain Meal of the Week

Meijer has chicken drumsticks on sale for .99 a lb! Every time I look at them I think of hot wings... not exactly kid friendly. Then I found this recipe. Since drumsticks are perfect for little hands to hold and eat, I am super excited to try this out! Happy Eating Y'all!!

I will not expense spices/oils since most of us have them on hand.

Parmesan Chicken

12 chicken drumsticks (On sale .99 a lb) $2
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese (Meijer brand on sale $2.50) $2.50
1 egg (On sale .98) .08
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt


In a shallow bowl, mix together salt, pepper, and cheese. In a separate bowl, beat egg until lemon colored. Dip chicken in egg, coating well. Roll in cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until brown.

Total cost of Meal: $4.58

Add Freshlike Veggies ( On sale $1) Total Cost of Meal:$5.58

Add veggies and butter noodles ( Barilla on sale .79) Total Cost of Meal:$5.97

For more great bargain recipes click on the icon above!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that sounds very tasty! Thanks for the recipe :D

Tracy said...

This sounds awesome. I will definitely try this. I actually found drumsticks on managers special for .49 cents/pound not to long ago...Definitely want to try this one.