Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mama knows best - Coupon limits


We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

Oh my goodness! I have not done a Mama knows best in... forever! I just couldn't let this pass without sharing with y'all!

I was checking out at my local Kroger. I had gotten a couple of things that had peelie coupons located on them. I didn't bother peeling them off, however because they were for products that I was not going to purchase. ( It was on a pack of blueberries and was for ziplock containers) The cashier asked me if I wanted to use the peelie coupon. I explained to him that I didn't purchase the ziplock containers so I couldn't.

He then informed me that I could indeed use the peelie even if I had not purchased the second item, as long as I purchased the item that the peelie was on. He ripped it off and scanned it and sure enough I was given the discount on just the blueberries! I asked how it was possible ? He informed me that the manufacturer pays for the coupon already. So as long as you buy the product that the peelie was on they go ahead and give you the discount.

Then he goes on to tell me that they also except expired coupons because the manufacturer pays them anyway. I was so excited to learn about these two things that I just had to share!!

Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com !

0 comments: