Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Works for me Wednesday: Making a list, checking it twice!

So during the Christmas season, I am like every other mama..... busy! By the end of the season I am ready to pack it all up and do what any good house mama does...make my hubby put it in the crawl space! I enjoy the holidays to the fullest but when its done, I am done!

Last year, I tried something new and it worked so well I thought I would share!

As I was packing up my boxes, I kept a little notepad with me. I quickly jotted down things that I had run out of, needed or would like to purchase for next year.

( In previous years I would sit down to wrap only to find that I was totally out of ribbon, bows,tap and tags. I would have to go to the store and pay top dollar prices which was very aggravating!)


Last year I wrote down what supplies I was out of. I also noted that I would like a swag over my front door and I needed a little something for a candle. I tucked the list away in my planner.

A couple weeks later I was at JoAnn's and found all my items for 90% off! It saved me a ton and I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't need much at all this year. It worked so well I decided to do it again!

Sure my hubby gave me the look when I came in the door with Christmas stuff......in January. He quickly pulled it together when he realized how much I paid. (Under $10!!)


And that works for this mama!!!

2 comments:

In Everything said...

I wished I was as organized as you:) But I did pick up extra wrapping paper and decor for nest year the day after Christmas this year:) It was only 50% off... BUT much better than purchasing it for full price... PLUS I have it ready for next year's busytime:)

Young Wife said...

Love this tip! I bought our tree skirt and stockings after Christmas the first year we were married at 80% off. It helps a bunch!