Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Learning Ideas


I love my sons preschool teacher. She was a lovely lady and she was kind enough to send home some summer learning ideas. I thought since I thought they were so clever, I would share them with y'all.

The plan is every Friday to post a couple throughout the summer so that we can sneak in some "learning". (Mamas are sneaky people, I tell ya!)


* Attend special summer reading programs at your local library. (I know locally there are several libraries that offer stories or movies on the lawn for the whole family!)

* "Write" a letter to a family member or friend. The letter can be a picture, a dictation or written words.

* Create a travel journal for a vacation or special trip. Your child can draw pictures of the days activities and then dictate or write about their adventures!

0 comments: