Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mama knows best! - Uses for those Syrup Containers

Every Saturday I will be featuring Mama Knows Best series. We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

Its for more than just Syrup
I had a great coupon for a $1.00 off Hungry Jack Syrup. They come in these handy little jugs that you can microwave. ( I was astounded when I married my hubby that he liked his syrup cold but that's another post!) When we ran out of syrup we dish washed the jug because it seemed that we could use it for something.

We found that we could indeed extend its use. We keep it in our children's bathroom. It holds a ton of water and the pour spout is perfect for rinsing children's hair without getting in their eyes. It holds so much water that you can get the child's hair completely rinsed. I know its not a big thing but it sure has cut down on tears around here!!

Got a great idea? Send me yours at everythingmom@live.com . I will gladly give you and your blog recognition for your creativity as a mama!






1 comments:

Swappin' Spoons said...

That is a great idea! I pour my funnel cake batter into my empty ketchup bottles....