Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday


I love getting cake and cookie mixes for free with sales and coupons. I then look at my overstuffed pantry and wonder what I am going to do with it all! This is a perfect recipe to use some of your cake mix. I made these and they are delicious.... the whole family loved them!


Click on the icon above to see more great recipes!!

Chocolate Caramel Brownies Check Spelling

1 package (18 1/4 to 18 1/2 ounces) devils food or chocolate cake mix
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 cup undiluted evaporated milk, divided
35 light caramels
1 cup (6 ounces)semi sweet chocolate morsels ( I use minis)


Combine cake mix and buts in large bowl; stir in butter. Stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk ( batter will be thick). Spread half of batter in greased 13x9 inch baking pan.


Bake in preheated 350 oven for 15 minutes.


Combine caramels and remaining evaporated milk in small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until caramels are melted. Sprinkle morsels over baked layer. Drizzle melted caramels over chocolate morsels, carefully spreading to cover chocolate layer. Drop remaining half of batter in heaping tsp's over caramel mixture.


Return to oven; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer (top layer will be soft). Cool completely before cutting.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Chocolate and caramel. Yum!

Lynn said...

These sound really good. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

How could you go wrong with this recipe! It sounds so easy and SO good!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh yum! That sounds so lovely. Warm and gooey... you say to cool it completely, but I could totally eat it out of the oven and just let it fall apart in my mouth. Mmmmm!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I KNOW we will love it.