Monday, April 6, 2009

Oarnge Creamcicle cake

While I am taking a week off for Easter I thought I would post some "retro" posts of mine. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!

I usually post one of my hubbys recipe on Tuesday but he insisted that I post this one ASAP! I have never had it or made it but he insists that its easy and delicious. He said the guys at the firehouse devour it.... enjoy!

Orange Creamcicle Cake

1 (18oz) lemon cake mix
1 envelope unsweetened Orange kool aid
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 pckgs ( 3 oz) Orange gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 pkg. (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding
1 (8 oz ) cool-whip thawed

In a mixing bowl, combine cake mix, drink mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat two minutes at medium speed. Pour into a 9x13 baking pan ( does not have to be greased). Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Using a meat fork, poke holes in the cake.

Cool for 30 minutes. In bowl, dissolve 1 pkg. gelatin in boiling water. Once its completely dissolved, stir in the cold water. Pour over cake, cover and refrigerate for two hours.

In mixing bowl, combine milk, vanilla,pudding mix and other dry gelatin. Beat 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes then fold in the cool whip. Frost the cake with this. Keep refrigerated.

0 comments: