Friday, April 10, 2009

Pork roast- easy !!

While I am taking a week off for Easter I thought I would post some "retro" posts of mine. Hope you have a wonderful Easter!!

I had a little dinner party last night and it reminded me of something we love that is so easy to eat and our guests loved it ! Combine that with the cheap pork prices, and the fact that I got it on the B1G1 and it was also very reasonable. I paired it with the 10 lb bag of potatoes that I got for $3.99 at Kroger and the canned green beans that were 2- $1. Now that is a reasonable meal!

Pork roast with apples and sauerkraut

Just take a pork roast and place in crock pot. Add apple juice until it reaches the top of the roast. Then drain a jar of sauerkraut and put the kraut on top of the pork roast. Let cook on low for about 6 hours. We always add some sliced apples the last two hours as well.

You would not believe how good this meal is !

Happy eating!

0 comments: