Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mama knows best- Christmas now!

We as mamas have to be innovative and thrifty all in the same beat. Somehow we find new ways of doing things that save us money, time and maybe if we are really blessed.... sanity!

I know its hot and your kidlets are running around in their bathing suits. I should be writing about an awesome iced tea or cool lemon aide. Being the freaky freak I am, I have decided to write some tips on Christmas shopping.

Oh you heard me right sister! Would you believe that I am almost done Christmas shopping? It sounds totally ridicules but I already feel less stress concerning the holidays. I can bake more with my kids and shop less. My pocket book also will thank me when I don't have to spend a HUGE lump sum in one month!

OK.... ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST MAMA KNOWS BEST THIS YEAR??

The end of July, August and September are the best months to toy shop for your kids.

A Target employee told me last year that in preparation for the upcoming holiday stock they start to clearance almost all their toys to make room!! That adds up to just a ton of savings for you!!

* Start in the toy isle and look for special clearance or red tag deals.

*Make sure you hit the end racks at the back of the isle. (This is where they are alot!!)

* Find the special clearance section. Many stores such as Wal-Mart has a separate Clearance section. Ask a rep where yours is. (I found a ton of toys in my Wal-mart area for $5!!)

* Every time you shop just glance at the selection because it will change!

If you pick up a couple toys, books or games that are on clearance every time you shop you will be done a whole lot quicker than you think! Your pocket book will not be hit all at once and you will enjoy the holidays more!!!

Do you have a money/time/sanity tip to share? E-mail me at everythingmom@live.com !

0 comments: