Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday- One hour dinner rolls

An old boyfriends mother gave me this recipe. (Its the best thing I took from the "relationship" :) ) Sitting at the dinner table, I wanted to grab the whole basket and stuff it into my purse. I promptly asked for the recipe thinking I would never probably make it. I do however, and my family loves it! It makes me think of this very sweet lady... thanks Gail!

One Hour Dinner Rolls

3 1/2 - 4 cups flour 2 packages yeast 2 Tbl sugar 1 tsp Italian seasoning 1 cup milk 1/2 cup water 2 Tbl butter or margarine 1 egg 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese 2 Tbl butter melted 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Combine 1 1/2 cup flour, yeast sugar, salt- mix well.

Heat- milk, water, butter (warm 120 degrees-130 degrees)

Add to first mixture. Then add egg

Blend at low speed then beat 3 minutes on medium speed.

By hand-fold in 1/2 cup cheese and enough remaining flour to make a firm dough. Knead till smooth. (3-5 minutes)

Place in greased bowl, turn to grease the top, cover and let rise in warm location for 15 minutes. Punch down.

Divide into 16 pieces and form into balls. Dip tops into melted butter then cheese. Put in a well greased 13x9 inch pan. Cover and let rise 10 additional minutes.

Bake at 375 20 - 25 minutes till browned.

For more tempting recipes visit Blessed with Grace!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum-I love the idea of the cheese in the dough! And fast is always a bonus!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Angela said...

THese sound great! Will definitely try them. Thanks for sharing!