Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WFMW- Bringing Spring to my Kitchen!!

This week I have decided to share how I decorate for spring.... in my kitchen! I try to make things nice and fun for my family which means decorating for whatever holiday is coming up! In this case I try to make things look fresh and "springy" inside while the real flowers grow on the outside. It seems to lift all of our spirits!

When I had kids I started decorating more with each special occasion. My kitchen , however was left out. I could never figure out how to make my kitchen look decorated without cluttered! This is what I came up with....




I bought some plain cream canisters when I was starting out on my own. (I think I got them all for around $10) For each holiday I adorn my plain jane canisters with ribbon, twigs, leaves, shamrocks, cinnamon sticks, you name it. Birthday parties are no exception. I will take red bandanna's and tie them around the canisters for my son's cowboy birthday party. For my Daughters princess party, its pink tulle.


Its just a small ,cheap way to make me smile when I walk in my kitchen and the kids seem to like it. And making your family smile works for every mama!


For more WFMW tips from other mama's visit We are that Family!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

what a cute idea! I love anything cream!

Kelli said...

New to your blog and I like your canisters...cute.

Anonymous said...

Cute idea!

Tiffany said...

I love having basics that are easily adjusted for every situation. Wise purchase! I'm working on doing this myself.

(visiting from WFMW!)

Mom2fur said...

What a cute idea! I love changing things out for each holiday or season. I'm taking down St. Pat's a little at a time and will soon be putting out all my bunnies and other Easter goodies.

Ashley said...

Cute idea!

-ash
www.bosssanders.com

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love white pottery, and that's such a nice way to accent it. :)

By way the way,I saw your comment on Rocks in my Dryer about Lost... which dock scene did you mean with the boat named Illusion? I was a little confused...

Looking forward to clicking around your blog! :)

The ADD Housewife said...

AMAZING Idea! I love it! It's nice to be able to do little things like that and they make such an impact!