Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daddy's recipee of the week

I am so blessed to have a phenomenal husband whom I adore. His mama (and three sisters) raised him right. He helps me with cooking, cleaning and does all the dishes at our house. It doesn't hurt that he saves people for a living and looks great in a firemans outfit :) he he he

His cooking is AWESOME! I thought I would feature one of his recipes per week.

For the first week I am going to share his angel hair pasta with shrimp recipe. It sounds expensive but I usually wait until Shrimp goes on sale by the bag and it is really reasonable. This dish is very light...perfect for summertime. My two year old loves it!

Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp

1 lb angel hair pasta
Kosher salt, to taste
6 TBS of butter ( can use unsalted)
2 TBS of minced garlic
24 shrimp, peeled, deveined
1/2 cup cut sun-dried tomatoes.
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup white wine
Ground white pepper to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
Dried red chili flakes (optional)
Grated Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, but still firm to bite.

Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shrimp and sun dried tomatoes. Saute one minute. Add stock and wine. Season with salt and pepper. When shrimp are cooked through, add the hot, cooked angel hair pasta and toss thoroughly. Add extra virgin olive oil and chopped parsley. Add chili flakes or Parmesan cheese as desired. Serve immediately.

0 comments: